Mrs. Russell's Virtual Classroom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Discussion Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People

+6
ellaine.hernandez:)
triple.tumambing
margaret.sarmiento
gabrielli.panopio
Rafael.soquerata
Admin
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

I think physically challenged people are least prioritize with the gadgets being launched in the market nowadays.

http://maritesrussell.bestofforum.com

2Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People Empty techs to disabled Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Rafael.soquerata

i agree to that, well maybe the makers of these "gadgets" think that majority of the customers that they will encounter are normal ones. if i would be on the position of the makers then i would think and do the same, even though few people suffer from disability, not all of them will be able to afford the gadgets.../gg Twisted Evil

i also believed that if disabled people could afford such gadgets, then i would suggest to get "prosthetics" first.

well that's my opinion... kya pacnxahan nlng ... Sleep

gabrielli.panopio

I agree with what the Admin said. I also think developers or the people responsible for developing new products are so challenged to come up with new inventions to ease the way of living of the physically challenged people compared to coming up with products that would make normal people work faster and easier.

margaret.sarmiento

i don't agree with that, because there are a lot of gadgets that make everyday tasks easier for disabled people, like wheelchairs, sign language interpreter, Light Operated Mouse and Keyboard and the like.

triple.tumambing

yes, good thing we have some people greatly influenced to pursue improving technology as a matter of life development. There are those who might not reconsider the benefits of technology to physically challenged peope, but on the otherhand, there are more and more open-minded people nowadays that somehow reinstalled their minds unto developing new ideas on how technology can be enjoyed in several ways by ALL people, including those less-capacitated to do so.

ellaine.hernandez:)

I agree. People nowadays must consider those people with disabilities to make their life easier and comfortable. Everyone must be given equal treatment, especially these people who cannot do the same thing unlike those in normal conditions like us.

popen.tarnate

popen.tarnate

i can't say i agree nor disagree because i think there are some gadgets released in the market that may or may not help the disabled. just like the normal people who get to do whatever they want, the physically challenged people also have the right and the will to do what they want. the disabled are benefited by the market, but not always. Surprised

https://facebook.com/popeenaa | twitter.com/popeenaa | superchay.

8Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People Empty technology for the disabled Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:43 am

carlos.molina

Gadgets were not only created for people like us to enjoy and uplift our lives, but to help us overcome problems we have in our lifetime. This rings true for the paraplegics and for those with other serious physical disabilities because as humans we try to continually evolve in order for us to satisfy our needs ( economics Wink ) . I must disagree on the topic's notion because the scientists and experts of our world try to create new technologies just to help these disabled persons. Without wheelchairs the paraplegics could not leave their home or hospital and because of this past technology, people of old age could use these wheelchairs in order to help themselves as well. Just recently, scientists in Japan have invented a prototype electronic prosthesis for the disabled in order for them to walk again albeit not on their own strength. The machine uses wires and such to determine what we think which translates as an action for the machine to do. Not only are the paraplegics helped but also the blind. There are some doctors and scientists who have created an artificial eye for the blind (prototypes though). Needless to say, the disabled are not neglected when gadgets are involved; They are the ones that attain the full benefit because of it. whew. Very Happy

irish.dimaculangan

I can say that I am not agree with that because nowadays lot of suitable gadgets were created for such physically challenged people to take their daily activities more easier. Although they can follow some steps on how to take some body stress out of doing tasks ,they are not contented with what they have because they also have unlimited needs like us normal persons.

ericka.altamirano

I also don't agree nor disagree because gadgets were made for leisure purposes and I don't think companies would produce such gadgets if the product won't cater both physically challenged people and those who are not disabled in any way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum