Mrs. Russell's Virtual Classroom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Discussion Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201

+28
phillipjan.isana
leozedrick.lajara
katigbak.joaquin
magpantay.camillefay
latayan.glenn
obrador.melanie
deleon.kathleengayle
palcon.michelle
fortes.john@yahoo.com
resurreccion.rona
chavez.camille
yanga.gianne
briones.bryan
guevarra.branson
palomillo.christine
aj.javier
acorda.kevin
maligaya.jao
delavega.kimmi
bala.jaap
guda.deogracias
mayo.rainier
dimaculangan.abigail
ramirez.aljerome
macaraig_kath23
mendoza.brandon
tigno.mark
Admin
32 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Admin

Admin

Different computer devices for the physically-challenged have made their life a lot easier, making them face the world against all odds. I am not surprise to know that many among us are not even aware of these computer devices, which have showed a new ray of hope for millions around the world. Example of this is a device named 'Tongue Drive System', wherein a small magnet is implanted in the users tongue and the user has to move his tongue in order to move the cursor. Unlike the other parts of the body, which are controlled by brain through the spinal cord, tongue is directly connected to the brain by a cranial nerve. The cursor can also be guided by off-the-shelf trackballs and foot pedals instead of computer mouse. How about you...what are the other methods and technology that you saw in the film?

http://maritesrussell.bestofforum.com

tigno.mark

The handicapped person can control his wheel chair through his hands. Very Happy I was actually amazed when I saw the technology being controlled by the man's voice, I even thought that he was smoking. lol!

Last edited by tigno.mark on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty @tigno Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:04 pm

mendoza.brandon

he can control other things like the door and the elevator Very Happy

macaraig_kath23

Hands-free dialling. Smile

remote control doors & elevators.

wireless banking. XD

mendoza.brandon

macaraig_kath23 wrote:Hands-free dialling. Smile

wireless banking. XD

you can buy tickets too..

ramirez.aljerome

The other methods and devices that i saw in the film is the device that they put on the electronic wheelchair that can mainly open the elevator... Razz

7Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty The use of the wheeelcahir Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

dimaculangan.abigail

I saw in the film that the disabled person was using a remote controlled wheelchair. It was awesome that it has the ability to enter and move around without any of the obstacles such as entering to a room or an elevator. Very Happy

8Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty technology Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

mayo.rainier

i agree..we can see that there are some technology that can use even those who are the "physical challenge" Very Happy

tigno.mark

mendoza.brandon wrote:

wireless banking. XD

the wireless internet for phones [/quote]

10Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty ^^, Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

guda.deogracias

those technologies are amazing. i've never seen such things ever. i just hope those technologies will reach here in the Philippines so our Filipino brothers and sisters can have their confidence. it will really help a lot. right, guys? ^_^

11Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty ASTIG! Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

bala.jaap

a handicapable Very Happy can control the door and elevator through a remote control. lol!

12Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty technology :) Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:09 pm

delavega.kimmi

I was amazed when i saw the video. I saw that there are powered doors, and elevators for those people who are handicapped. The remote controlled wheel chair was very fascinating for it controls a lot of things which makes the life of the handicapped easier. There were also electronic tickets for trains. This is used so that the handicapped person will not find it hard to get a ticket and ride on a train. Smile

13Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty @tinio.mark Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Admin

Admin

tigno.mark wrote:The handicapped person can control his wheel chair through his hands. Very Happy

Yes that's true. But what do you think are with the wheelcahir that made the man mor functional?

http://maritesrussell.bestofforum.com

14Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty @maligaya.jao Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 pm

maligaya.jao

There are personal computers,electronic tickets,retail transactions that can help people with disabilities make their lives easier and normal.

15Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty nice touch.... Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 pm

acorda.kevin

Shocked Shocked

O.M.G !! XDD

cool wireless tech men lol! lol!

and yeah its so good knowing that they have that kind of tech XDD

astig ! XD lol! lol! Razz

tigno.mark

tigno.mark wrote:
mendoza.brandon wrote:

wireless banking. XD

the wireless internet for phones

aj.javier

technology is very useful because it can help the disabled people to make their lives easier. Smile) lol!

delavega.kimmi

tigno.mark wrote:The handicapped person can control his wheel chair through his hands. Very Happy I was actually amazed when I saw the technology being controlled by the man's voice, I even thought that he was smoking. lol!

haha smoking? lol!

palomillo.christine

A specialized devices like the electronic wheelchair help handicapped people move easily and they have the ability to access powered doors , elevator and atm machine easily by the use of electronic wheelchair. Very Happy

20Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty :) omg Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:12 pm

guevarra.branson

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The handicapped person is great. He is so cool.

21Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty technology Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:13 pm

briones.bryan

when i saw that device i was amaze because it can control things like elevator and doors. Now a days technology can make our world easier. lol!

delavega.kimmi

guda.deogracias wrote:those technologies are amazing. i've never seen such things ever. i just hope those technologies will reach here in the Philippines so our Filipino brothers and sisters can have their confidence. it will really help a lot. right, guys? ^_^

i agree. i also hope that our government officials will help those who need these kinds of things.

tigno.mark

Admin wrote:
tigno.mark wrote:The handicapped person can control his wheel chair through his hands. Very Happy

Yes that's true. But what do you think are with the wheelcahir that made the man mor functional?

hmmm... The wireless technology attached to the wheel chair and the GPS that can help the disabled man find his way through the city. cheers

24Emerging Technology for Physically Challenged People LS201 Empty technology Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 pm

mayo.rainier

it is nice to know that we have that kind of technology..so those who are physically challenged won't feel being discriminated by other people.. Very Happy Very Happy .and it will be a great help for them to do other things and make it possible for them.. lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by mayo.rainier on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

tigno.mark

delavega.kimmi wrote:
tigno.mark wrote:The handicapped person can control his wheel chair through his hands. Very Happy I was actually amazed when I saw the technology being controlled by the man's voice, I even thought that he was smoking. lol!

haha smoking? lol!

sorry.. that's what I thought.. hahahaha.. lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum